The Van That Can will ensure that your move is successful and stress-free. However, there are a few things you can do to make your move simpler, and these are:
A Month Before
- Arrange and confirm your removal date as far in advance as possible.
Three Weeks ahead
- Organise the contents of your garage.
- Arrange suitable transport for pets or someone to look after them on the day.
Two weeks ahead
- Arrange to have the gas, electricity, telephone and water meters read.
- Drain fuel from lawnmowers/motor cycles.
- Remove any fixtures and fittings you are taking.
- If moving in or out of a block of flats, arrange to have the manual override key or priority use of the lift the day before your move.
- Disconnect any light fittings you are taking, seal packets and tighten jars of food.
- Chests of drawers may be left full depending on the make of the furniture.
- Set aside an area marked “do not move” for coats, handbags, snacks, tools and cleaning materials.
- Arrange separate transportation for any dangerous substances.
One Week Ahead
- Dismantle self-assembly furniture, unless we have agreed to do this for you.
- Start defrosting your fridge and freezer.
- Prepare plants for transit.
On The Day
- Lock your valuables somewhere safe and carry them personally to your new home.
- Before the removal van departs, check nothing has been forgotten.
- Ensure that our crew has directions to your new property and a phone number to contact you. Agree a time of arrival.
- Arrive at your new property, with the keys before the removal van.